Friday, July 22, 2011

My Favorite Stores This Month

So I have been bustling around town lately and I have to write about these stores. Not that they are new or anything, but I have been at these store non-stop because of last minute shows and a need for new supplies.  I am not paid by any of these stores, they are simply my go to spots for different supplies.


1. GoodWill
Website: www.goodwill.org/
Locations: 165 orginizations in the U.S and Canada
Recommend shopping for: Fabrics,  browsing dresses, occasional wigs.

This thrift store is really an amazing one. I used to buy all my drag outfits there until I started sewing them myself. Now I find tons of neat and unique fabrics there along with little gadgets and gizmo's to either add to the costume or just use as a stage prop. Recently I had a great find that I almost gagged about, I found 3 yards of genuine black leather for the ridiculous price of $5. I almost fainted!
Although like most, if not all thrift shops, it's not always an amazing find, sometimes I leave with nothing and spend nothing, but this month I have been pleasantly surprised.

2. United Beauty Supply
Website: N/A
Locations: Uncertain, but I believe only Arizona
Recommend Shopping for: La Femme // Hair on Tracks

I am in love with this shop. If there are any beauty supplies I need they literally have it all: from nails, to makeup, to hair/wigs, even razorless shaving powder for men. They have it all in one place. Their prices are also the lowest I've seen anywhere and they also offer discounts to performers as well as beauticians, which I love! They also carry my new found favorite, La Femme eye shadows and blushes.

3. Easley's Fun Shop
Website: http://www.easleys.com/
Location:  7th ave and McDowell rd in Phoenix, Arizona.
Recommended shopping for: Makeup, Wigs, and Eye Lashes. Occasional Costumes.

They have a great selection of stage makeup such as Ben Nye, Krylon, I get my favorite foundation there, the TV Paint Stick. They also have a great selection of wigs, though I don't recommend newer queens to get them there since they would have to know the difference in synthetic quality. I also love to get my lovely 301 eye lashes there. They also have the huge clown eyelashes there! I wish they had a better selection of feather lashes, but maybe one day. The costuming there is pretty fun. They do have a great assortment of things and if you need a costume last minute its a great place to look.

These have made my top list this month, and really most months to be honest. I have tried different stores around the valley and I may do a "does not meet expectations" post soon, possibly. Thanks for reading! Hope this helps dolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment